Monday, April 25, 2011

Thrift Share Monday

Hope you all had a good weekend.I didn't do a lot of thrifting, but I did get out for a little bit on Friday. Here are some of my thrift finds.





I found a nice mid century ice bucket (should have used a flash, color is washed out in pic) and a fondue pot. I like the style of the fondue pot and it's going in my collection.


Two birds - the first is a eagle or maybe hawk. It is carved out of a solid piece of wood. I'm going to give this to my dad for his birthday next month, as he likes eagles and collects them.  The smaller bird has nice detail and color and is going on my bookcase. (Colors are brighter than pic.)



I like this small mid century plate. I also found a lacquerware box with matching coasters. (To see my posting on lacquerware, click here.)





I was taken with the sculptural quality of this ceramic piece. Lol - when I got it home discovered it was for the microwave! Anyway, don't care, it's going in the living room.

So tired out today - I cleaned and cooked this weekend and baked a german chocolate cake from scratch. It really made me appreciate my mother and all that she did. But maybe next year we'll go out to eat, it's so much work. I see a nap in my future...

This post is a part of Thrift Share Monday with Apron Thrift Girl. So when you're done here, click here to go there and see all the other fine posts.








6 comments:

  1. First time here (via Apron Thrift Girl/Thrift Share Monday) - love your header picture!!! Last time I tried to load a new header picture on my blog (don't do too much blogging as of yet) it was HUGE! Tried to figure it out for about 10 minutes, lost patience...thanks for the inspiration to try it again when I'm done here haha. And I'm drawn to vintage ice buckets lately, not sure why, and I LOVE faux bois...my fave of your weekly picks, the ice bucket haha. Have a good one - Lori aka kikithespunkymunky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finds and like kiki said, your banner is amazing. I'd love a car like that to go thrifting in. That MCM dish is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the nice comments! I wish I had a car like that to thrift in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great finds this week, I like the unusual shape of the fondue pot and I'm curious what the 'sculpture' tray was meant to hold in the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your guess is as good as mine, but I think it might be intended for cuts of meat or fish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the birds Jill...I need a good collection of sorts.... something other than broken chairs.lol..
    guess I'll have to work on it...
    maureen

    ReplyDelete