Saturday, October 29, 2011

Upcycling Wood Crates

Looking for wood crate ideas? Look no further! Here are several ideas to upcycle wood crates.

Styling and Salvage

Rupert Blanchard has a very interesting site, recording all his projects and interests. I would say that he has an excellent sense of design and has come up with some great designs.

Hudson Goods

This is a very cool piece, it would make quite a statement in the right setting. The shape of it makes me think of the old fashioned wood baskets that apples for sale were in at the orchard I went to with my mother when I was a kid. I'll be those could be used to make a light fixture too.

Real Simple

Wood crates are great for storage and this idea doesn't require anything besides stacking.

Gore Dean

How neat is this idea? Love the burlap cushion. Metal trim was added to this crate, but if you want to try this at home, you could make it without. How about rope handles?

Vintage Finds

I had to include this console made from plastic crates. It takes a creative eye to do something this stylish with plastic crates!

Funky Junk Interiors

Donna from Funky Junk Interiors has the tools and the know how to create some pretty cool things. She shares it on her site.

Simply Savannah Events

Here's an idea that is simple, functional and looks great. The metal corner pieces (not sure what it's called) add a lot of stability. Think how different it could look if you had crates that had colored graphics on them with colored metal corner pieces plus bright casters! (I'm tempted to do that myself.) Plus a piece like this could be used in many different areas of the house or garage to organize different things.

The Style Handler

This idea to use a cheese crate as a planter is an oldie but a goodie. I like the way these succulents look in it.

4 comments:

  1. Jil, Had to check out your blog after your wonderful ideas on mine. Love these ideas for crates. I have some so I will have to keep these ideas. Also love your links to other thrifters and designers.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway a piece of jewelry from our collection on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

    I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

    Thanks,

    Chelsea Wakley

    cwakely@shabbyapple.com
    (this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying a home is very exciting and so is furnishing it. However, purchasing an assortment of furniture, accessories, and decorations for the home can also be rather expensive. This is not to mention the fact that finding the perfect displays can be very time-consuming. Painted wood crates are one solution to both time and money issues. They come in various dimensions and no matter what size or color, they are inexpensive. Los Angeles Pallets

    ReplyDelete