Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bar Carts

I love the idea of having a bar cart at the ready in my home. I've been musing about this for awhile, (click here for a previous post) but common sense tells me to wait until my male teenage son is older. Still, there's no harm in looking!

Bar carts offer a lot in their smaller size, portability and wide range of design possibilities. Best of all they can be found secondhand and customized to to
personal preference.




I like the yellow and industrial style of this cart. I could see a wood soda crate on the bottom for bottles or glasses and another wood box for supplies.


image via SZ Interiors

Here's an idea I wouldn't have thought of, using a vintage trunk for a bar
stand. With the accompanying accessories this vintage trunk's stature has
really been elevated.


image via Design Crush

Vintage bottles with nice typography



Isn't this a pretty setup? This brass bar cart has nice functionality with the bottle  and wine glass holders. I think the red chair and animal print are very nice touches. What a great use for a chair with a lot of character. It's easy to find them at sales and on craigslist. One can of spray paint is all you need.



So many different styles of bar carts can make deciding difficult.


image via MODERNFifty

Industrial design is always a big draw for me, love the green.


image via NATHAN & CO.

Really nice mid century style on this wood bar cart.


image via edmajo.info

The bright red orange color modernizes this rattan bar stand.


image via houzz

This steel cart has heightened functionality with three shelves, like the pop of blue at the bottom.


image via One Kings Lane

This wood cart has some nice storage and the bonus of leaves. Plus it's style would fit in many different types of decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment