Thursday, July 26, 2012

Goodwill Hunting

Last night I made a quick trip to the Goodwill in my neighborhood. I always check out the pictures for art or frames. I was pleased to find a print that I really like. I'm going to have it reframed as the frame has some big chips in it and the print is not a standard size. I think a different color frame will set it off better too.



I just have it propped up here. The colors are more vibrant than the photo shows.


Since my last post was about galvanized metal I wanted to show a galvanized tray that I bought thrifting awhile back. I'm not sure what the original use for it was (probably changing oil), but I've got it on this chest for now. 


I bought this old milk can at a thrift sale last fall for $10. I like the worn patina of the metal. I wanted to use it for a plant stand, but the lid has a grip on it that I couldn't get off. So I put it on an asian plant stand and keep maps and prints in it. The wood statue and planter are past thrift finds, making everything but a print or two in the milk can secondhand finds.

2 comments: