I purchased this pot on clearance at Michael's Craft Store. I liked it's shape and size. It cost me about $18.00, pretty good for a 18" tall pot. I forgot to take a before picture, but the color was similar, a light gray.
Since the finish was not shiny I could start right in painting. I painted it with Behr Ultra, a paint and primer in one. The color looks chartreuse (to see my post on chartreuse, click here.) and is called Leapfrog. I used two coats in an eggshell finish. The surface is quite pitted, so I didn't try to get in all the holes. I like the effect of the gray showing, gives it a little more dimension.
Here it is on my deck, looking a little more yellow outside. Being late in the summer the selection wasn't the best for flowers, but I don't mind the orange against the chartreuse and the darker green foliage looks nice. Next summer I'll use something different. Total cost was around $30.00 with plenty of paint left over to paint a lamp (next project). Next to it is my planter from last summer, to read that post, click here.