Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thrift Share, December 27th

Thought I would share a few items I thrifted right before Christmas. Two are brass, which is new for me, as silver is my preference over brass, bronze or gold.



I don't know anything about this brass angel, but I like the modern simplicity of it. It's a pretty good size, stands about 15" tall. I'm assuming that a glass votive holder is missing. I don't think one will be hard to find, just need to measure and make sure I get one with a lip on it.


When I first got this set of brass candle holders I was confused about how to make a regular candle stick fit in it. Then I realized that they were for votive candles, which I really like. I'm thinking these solid brass candle holders are mid century. Only one of the holders had a label on the bottom and a price sticker was put on it. I tried to carefully take it off so I could read it, but to no avail. All that can be read is The J_____ Collection. Anyone have any idea about them?



Awhile back I found this large metal frame, it is 20" square. It was scratched up and I was going to spray paint it. Instead I sanded it with fine sandpaper and I like the way it looks now. I put a nice thrifted print by Mary Cassat in it. 


Above the mother/child print I hung another drawing of a mother/child.
I bought this awhile back too, looks like an original, but no signature. I can't be sure it's an original until I take it out of the frame. I'll do that when I get a new frame and have a mat cut for it. A mother/child wood sculpture that I scored  some time ago carries on with the theme. It's funny how things work out sometimes, this wasn't something I planned, but I do like it. Serendipity I guess.


Thought I'd cleared the area till I saw my photo, stuff underneath, lol. I'm still working on this tablescape, added a plant and book about motherhood for now.

What did you find this week?

1 comment:

  1. I love your vignettes Jil and I really like those brass candlestick holders too.

    ReplyDelete