Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thrift Share, July 5th


Previously I posted about these redwood benches that I was going to refinish and use for extra seating on my deck. I hadn't done the job and in this case, my procrastinating paid off. Because an item that I thought I had missed out on turned out to be available. I'm so excited about this piece and am thinking about how I will fix it up.


I thought this had been sold, but I noticed the ad was still up on Craigslist. I contacted the buyer, he hadn't sold it and forgot to email me. It was too big to fit in my minivan, so my husband got a truck from work and now it's mine!





Option 1 - cover with new fabric
Option 2 - remove cover/foam cushioning and expose plywood underneath and use a colored stain on it,something like a kiwi green, if there is such a thing. This is dependent on the shape of the plywood and how well it is fitted in the frame. 
Option 3 - Have wood inserts made to fit.
Funny how one thing leads to another - my umbrella looks worn now too, would love to get a new one in a bright orange. Those redwood benches? - sold them on Craigslist.


This post is linked to:
Her Library Adventures
Coastal Charm
Southern Hospitality
Type A
Very Merry Vintage Style
My Romantic Home

4 comments:

  1. That is a great bench and for a stellar price. It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! So glad you got it... I'll be excited to see what you ultimately decide to do to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Jil...so glad it's yours. It looks fab on your deck, sits so neatly in the corner too. Looking forward to seeing how you refurbish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. amazing find! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete