Monday, July 11, 2011

Thrift Finds - 7/11

I had two firsts this past weekend, went to Summerfest and a Brewer's game in Milwaukee with my hubby, daughter and her boyfriend. It was very warm, but we still had a great time. I did manage to hit a couple thrift stores, both Goodwill's and found a few nice things.


I bought several nice books for my other blog. I have posted about one of them, Tree in the Trail, by Holling Clancy Holling if you would like to view it, click here.


I have several different types of these Chinese Silk jewelry holders, can't seem to pass them up. I like this wood holder, need to clean the stickers off. I'm not sure what it's intended for, but I think it will go on my desk.


This is another first, a Russell Wright bowl in a soft gray. I bought it to plant some succulents in, but not sure if I should, don't want to devalue it.


I really like this green Pottery Barn lacquer paper holder. It will also go on my desk.


This was also a nice find - a mid century metal tray in very good condition for only $1.49.

What did you find?

3 comments:

  1. I love all the vintage desk items you found, you must have one stylish workspace! The Wright bowl is great too, not sure how much it's worth but I'd hold off on using it as a planter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the books. I am so addicted to buying books. Its a seriuosly wonderful problem! heheh

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to sit down one day and take a look through your other blog... I have forbidden myself from buying more books so it'll be a good alternative.
    I do love the shape of the Russel Wright items, there is something very organic about them.
    That pottery barn paper holder is so posh! Love it!

    ReplyDelete