Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Upcycled Bridal

I must admit that classic weddings and wedding gowns are not my favorite. When I was planning my own wedding years ago, I wanted to wear a 1940's style navy blue blazer and skirt, as I was infatuated with clothing of that era then. But my mother insisted as her only daughter I wear a white wedding gown and so I complied. I refused to wear a veil though, instead wearing a wreath of flowers in my hair.

One of my daughters is getting married next summer. I've been looking at DIY ideas and upcycled items for weddings and would like to share a few of them with you.



This hair comb was made using a repurposed rhinestone jewelry and antique silver leaves. I think it's lovely.


image via hangingbyathread1, Very sweet Bridal Cuff Bracelet


image via fresheyedesign

I think this bridal design t-shirt would be cute to wear for opening presents the day after the wedding.


image via beanandthesprout

This bandeau veil with rosette was fashioned from a vintage wedding gown. The rhinestone center came from a vintage necklace. 


image via MsSuzyShopper

These bridal bouquets are fashioned by Suzy Webster from vintage jewelry. If my daughter likes this, I'm going to look for a tutorial on how to make one.


image via BelladonnaBoema

I think this upcycled wedding dress is just gorgeous!

At this point we just need to focus on a location since my daughter isn't getting married for another year and a half. But it's fun to look at all the different ideas 
and I hope that you enjoyed it also!

No comments:

Post a Comment