Monday, November 19, 2012

Vintage Christmas Tree Stands

I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but not if you're shopping for a vintage Christmas tree stand. I've been doing some searching and thought I would share a few beauties I've come across.


image via schmuzel2006

This whimsical tree stand is great - love the gnomes, toadstool and trees!



Here's a nice mid century tree stand that also revolves. It would be a nice contrast with a green tree and a bunch of shiny ornaments.


image via a*cottagerose*

It's art imitating nature with this German made cast iron stand that looks like part of a tree.


image via thearttist

I like the nostalgic graphics on this Coloramic tree stand.


image via betsonfrenzy

The kid in me wants this tree stand (yeah Santa!).


image via abright1969

I like the retro look of this tree stand - it's red and silver colors would pair nicely with a green tree. A silver tree would look good as well.


image via emgrcawh

Here's another very similar one, but with a ring of lights at the bottom, which could create a nice effect with light coming up from the bottom of the tree.


image via mo44toni

This German ceramic tree stand is something different and I like it. Not sure what color tree I'd put in it, what do you think?


image via christmasguy

This little red metal cutie of a stand is for a miniature tree, measuring 2-1/2" tall and 1-1/2" wide. It would be great for a feather or a Charlie Brown tree.


This is the tree stand that I bought. Not really your typical christmas tree stand style, but I like it's industrial look. I also like the price tag, total with shipping was $22.33. It was advertised as being from the 1940's, but to me it looks more mid century. It doesn't have much paint left on it and I might sand off the remaining paint. Think I'm going to use this for a tabletop tree and go really simple with the ornaments. Maybe just lights and a star. Any ideas?

It will be at least a week before I get it. Once I do and it's set to go, I'll snap a picture of it and post it.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen so many different types before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete